Itanagar: Security forces on Friday arrested three hardcore ULFA (I) rebels from the Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh.
Based on a specific input regarding the presence of suspected ULFA (I) cadres in the Noglo area of Tirap district, a team of Assam Rifles launched an operation and apprehended the three individuals, a defence spokesperson said.
Three pistols, three magazines with live rounds, and ULFA badges were recovered from the trio.
The apprehended persons along with the recovered items have been handed over to Laju Police Station for further investigation, the spokesperson added.
- Manipur: Drugs worth Rs 5 crore seized in Tengnoupal, 3 arrested
- Arunachal women conferred with ‘Inspiring Woman Award’
- Nagaland Lottery December 7: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- Mon killing: Nagaland government calls off Hornbill festival
- Nagaland incident: Genocide on pretext of mistaken identity, says NEFIP
- Nagaland: Konyak Union declares 7-day mourning, Mon bandh today