Shillong: The High-Level Committee on Friday held a meeting with the sub-committee which was constituted to discuss the differences between the Meghalaya government and the Hima Mylliem concerning the dispute over Sweepers Colony.
Deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong said that chairman of the sub-committee has submitted their report and the issues were discussed.
Tynsong informed that one more meeting will be held and hopefully they will be able to reach the final stage and submit its report to the state government.
Also Read: Meghalaya Doctors who availed MBBS state quota from open category refuse to join govt
When asked what were the issues discussed, Tynsong refused to share the details and said that it needed to be submitted to the state government.
He also added that the next meeting can be expected at the earliest possible.
The High Level Committee on Sweepers (Harijan) Colony was constituted by the state government to look into the demand of moving the colony to another location. The demand had gained momentum after an altercation in the colony in May 2018 spiraled into an unrest which lasted for days.
- Manipur: Another shelter home for Myanmar refugees in Churachandpur
- Education might not save you from cognitive decline: study
- Mizoram celebrates Palm Sunday
- Bhutanese King to visit India from April 3-5
- Home Minister Amit Shah shown black flag by Congressmen in Mizoram
- PM Modi condoles Salim Durani’s demise, says he made key contribution in world of cricket