A petition has been filed in the Bombay High Court seeking news channels to postpone the coverage of CBI and ED investigation into Rajput’s death. The petitioners alleged that the ongoing media trial was harming reputation and hindering probe.
They requested Bombay HC to issue a direction to stop saturated coverage and incessant comment on Rhea Chakraborty during ongoing CBI probe into suicidal death of Sushant Singh Rajput.
Apart from its 24X7 coverage of CBI’s activities, news channels have stooped down to standing guard outside Rhea’s apartment and grilling each and every person even remotely connected with her, including the likes of delivery persons and security guards. Twitter is buzzing with videos where reporters are badgering delivery boy and security persons.
- Assam: Forces posted at Indo-Bhutan border sensitised on wildlife crime
- Pol party seeks removal of ‘non-indigenous’ Gaon Bura in Dimapur
- Merge TIPRA with Congress, lead the party: Tripura MLA to Pradyot Debbarman
- Assam: Major earthquake jolts Guwahati
- Nagaland: NCC girls’ band representing NE for R-Day 2024 begins practice
- Mizoram: Guv inaugurates Raj Bhavan’s first-ever Gandhi Jayanti exhibition