Imphal: Two more persons tested positive for COVID-19 reportedly died at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital in Manipur on Friday, taking the state’s death toll to 27.
As per sources, a 40-year-old woman from Telepati of Imphal East, who was undergoing treatment at JNIMS COVID-19 ward since August 21, succumbed to the virus around 12:30 am.
Apart from having tested positive for COVID-19, the victim was suffering from other health issues, including Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and hepatitis C virus, the sources said.
Meanwhile, another COVID-19 patient — a 55-year-old jawan of the 16th Assam Rifles, died due to the coronavirus. He was also a patient of hypertension and tuberculosis, said sources.
As on August 28, Manipur has recorded a total of 5,725 positive cases of COVID-19, of which 4,251 are from the general population and 1,474 are security personnel.
So far, 3,957 persons have recovered from the virus and 1,741 cases are still active.
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals
- Mizoram: ZPM promises zero tolerance against corruption