Guwahati: In a significant development, the Assam Cabinet has decided to increase the upper age limit for state government jobs in Group III and Group IV categories to 40 years.
Apart from approving the amendment of Assam MSME Bill, the state Cabinet has also decided to take grant of Rs 116 crore from NABARD for completion of Dhansiri irrigation project.
The Orunodoi scheme was also approved during the meeting.
The State Cabinet also gave its approval for the Assam Heritage Protection and Preservation Bill.
It also decided to keep the areas falling under the jurisdiction of Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council and Tiwa Autonomous Council out of the purview of the proposed Assam State Capital Region.
Further, it also approved insurance to the tune of Rs 50 lakh to journalists, home guards and all casual employees who succumbs to COVID-19 infection while performing their duties.
The Assam Skill Development University Bill too has been approved paving the way for setting up of Skill University at Mangaldai at a 100 bigha land at the cost of Rs 900 crore.
- Infant mortality rate dips in Arunachal Pradesh
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27
- Assam reports 347 fresh COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths
- China locks down Lanzhou as Covid cases surge due to delta variant