Guwahati: Tamil Nadu’s Kanyakumari MP and veteran Congress leader H Vasanthkumar, who tested positive for novel coronavirus, succumbs to it on Friday.
He was admitted to Apollo Hospital in Chennai on August 10. The 70-year-old was in a critical condition after contracting severe pneumonia and was placed under ventilator support.
Vasanthkumar was a first-time MP from Tamil Nadu and had also been elected MLA twice in the past. He was currently the working president of the Congress committee of the state. Besides his political career, the MP was also a prominent businessman. He ran a chain of shops under the banner of Vasanth & Co. It is a chain of consumer electronics and home appliances store. He also had an entertainment satellite channel Vasanth TV.
A spokesperson from Congress, Randeep Singh Surjewala, condoled his death and wrote on Twitter, “Deeply saddened at the untimely demise of a born fighter, resolute Congressman, M.P & Working President of TNCC – Sh. H. Vasanthakumar.
All of us, along with lakhs of his supporters, will always miss him deeply. Heartfelt condolences to family & well wishers. RIP.”
- Encounter between NSCN Unification and Niki Sumi groups; 1 dead
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18
- Mizoram youth disfigures BTS banner, apologises after threat of legal action
- Active COVID-19 cases lowest in 221 days