Guwahati: After being tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, the former chief minister of Assam, Tarun Gogoi, was admitted to Gauhati Medical College Hospital (GMCH) on Wednesday. Wishing for a speedy recovery, health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma constituted a committee to constantly monitor Gogoi’s health at GMCH.
He took to Twitter to post, “I wish speedy recovery to former Chief Minister Sri @tarun_gogoi as he has been found #COVID19 positive. We have kept a team of doctors ready for best possible medical care and assistance to our revered senior leader.”
Later, Sarma gave an update about the panel. “A committee under the chairmanship of Dr Jogesh Sarma, HOD, Pulmonary Medicine Department of GMCH has been constituted to monitor the health status of Sri @tarun_gogoi, former Chief Minister of Assam. He was tested positive for #COVID19 and is presently admitted at GMCH,” he tweeted.
As of now, the octogenarian Congress leader is doing well, as informed by sources close to Gogoi. He even tweeted this morning and appealed those who came in contact with him to get tested or quarantined. “I have been tested Covid 19 positive yesterday. People who came in contact with me during Last few days they should go for Covid test immediately,” he tweeted.
- Ties with China cannot progress without peace at border: Jaishankar
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people
- One crore saplings to be planted on Gandhi Jayanti: Assam CM
- Arunachal Christian Forum expresses concern over Manipur violence