A recently circulated viral photo of a crowded pool party in Wuhan sent shockwaves around the world as all nations are battle to control the spread of coronavirus.
Reports now claim that China has been using an experimental coronavirus vaccine on high-risk people, including border inspectors and medical professionals since July.
While speaking to a Chinese state media broadcaster, Zheng Zhongwei, director of the Science and Technology Development Center of the National Health Commission, said that an experimental coronavirus vaccine was approved for use on July 22.
According to Chinese media reports, the experimental vaccine developed by Sinopharm’s China National Biotec Group Company (CNBG) is in Phase-III human trials, conducted in Argentina, Peru, UAE and Morocco.
This is not the first time that the communist country has approved the use of experimental vaccine on its citizens. In June, a different experimental vaccine for coronavirus was administered on its military personnel.
As of now, China has more COVID-19 vaccine candidates under human trials than any other nation in this world.
- Prime accused among 13 arrested for lynching AASU leader in Assam
- Bengal reports 511 new COVID-19 cases, 11 more deaths
- Escort vehicle of Manipur BJP chief met with accident, 5 hurt
- WHO warns that new virus variant poses ‘very high’ risk
- India reports 6,990 new Covid cases, active cases decline to 1,00,543
- Omicron: why the WHO designated it a variant of concern