A recently circulated viral photo of a crowded pool party in Wuhan sent shockwaves around the world as all nations are battle to control the spread of coronavirus.
Reports now claim that China has been using an experimental coronavirus vaccine on high-risk people, including border inspectors and medical professionals since July.
While speaking to a Chinese state media broadcaster, Zheng Zhongwei, director of the Science and Technology Development Center of the National Health Commission, said that an experimental coronavirus vaccine was approved for use on July 22.
Also Read: COVID-19 doctor shares pic of severely wrinkled hand after wearing PPE
According to Chinese media reports, the experimental vaccine developed by Sinopharm’s China National Biotec Group Company (CNBG) is in Phase-III human trials, conducted in Argentina, Peru, UAE and Morocco.
This is not the first time that the communist country has approved the use of experimental vaccine on its citizens. In June, a different experimental vaccine for coronavirus was administered on its military personnel.
As of now, China has more COVID-19 vaccine candidates under human trials than any other nation in this world.
Also Read: India’s COVID-19 vaccine will be ready by year-end: Health minister Harsh Vardhan
- Not on my watch: How boxer Sarita Devi saved her Kuki students from the mob
- Nagaland: State round table of NE global investors summit ’23 held
- Assam’s Jaramkhuria to be converted into zero-waste village
- COVID-19: India records 237 new cases, active caseload declines to 3,502
- Indian American Ajay Banga takes over as World Bank President
- Consensus reached in meeting with Modi will go a long way: Nepal PM