Shillong: Meghalaya’s coronavirus count on Tuesday surpassed the 2,000-mark after it recorded 42 fresh cases in the last 24 hours. The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state has now touched 2,018.
The 42 active cases recorded are from East Khasi Hills District (31 — 10 Armed Forces/Paramilitary Forces, 21 others), Ri-Bhoi (3), North Garo Hills (1), West Jaintia Hills (1), West Garo Hills (6 — 1 BSF, 5 others).
The total number of active COVID-19 cases in the state is now 1,178.
East Khasi Hills district has the highest number of active COVID-19 cases in the state with 285 armed forces/ paramilitary and 512 others getting infected by the novel coronavirus.
With another 43 patients discharged, the total number of recovered cases soared to 832. The state has recorded eight deaths so far.
Up to 76,762 samples have been sent for testing, of which 74,293 tested negative while the results of 451 others are awaited.
- PM’s call for mass drive on Sunday an insult: Manipur TNL
- Assam: Train equipped with state-of-art features flagged off
- No hope of Left’s revival in Tripura, says leader of Oppn Animesh Debbarma
- How a neurosurgeon is training the next gen of Wushu athletes of Manipur
- Meghalaya: Harijan Colony issue could be solved this year, says deputy CM
- Tripura: National Highway blocked, railway affected during TIPRA bandh