Imphal: Manipur’s lone woman minister, Nemcha Kipgen, tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday, the first minister in the state who diagnosed with the disease.
According to sources, the sample of the 57-year-old social welfare minister was tested for COVID-19 at Babina Diagnostics in Imphal and later found positive for the virus.
Her sample was retested at Kangpokpi district hospital and waiting for the result, said the source.
The news was also confirmed by the minister herself on her official Facebook page on Tuesday morning.
After getting symptoms of coronavirus, I got myself tested, and the report came back positive, the minister.
The minister also requested the individuals who have come in close contact with her over the past few days to isolate themselves and get tested as a precautionary measure.
Earlier, state Opposition Congress party MLA Md Fazur Rahim of Wabgai constituency had recovered from the disease.
He was on home isolation after he returned from Delhi and tested positive for COVID-19 on August 10.
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal
- RN Ravi paved his own exit: NSCN-IM reminds new interlocutor