Imphal: A sensitisation programme on National Education Policy, 2020 was held in Imphal on Monday to find the best ways to implement the new education policy.
Education minister, Thokchom Radheshyam said that it is essential to disseminate and analyse the new education policy in detail to ensure effective implementation in its spirit and intent through the coherence in planning and synergy across all bodies involved in education.
College principals, teachers and officials of the Directorate of University & Higher Education attended the programme.
The sensitisation programme focused on the different provisions for higher and technical education and the role of the teachers.
Post the new education policy approved by the Center on July 29, 2020, a series of brainstorming discussions, discussions and meetings have been organised with the stakeholders and experts on higher education to find best possible ways for effective implementation of the National Education Policy, 2020 in the state. The state government has also formed a special task force for its effective implementation.
The state commissioner for higher & technical education M Harekrishna, university and higher education joint director T Ojit Singh also attended the programme.
- Kerala landslide toll touches 18 as rescuers dig deeper
- Father’s responsibilities wouldn’t end at son attaining 18 years age: Delhi HC
- Weight loss & fad diets: Know the pros and cons before taking drastic steps
- Five natural homemade face packs for every skin type
- Plan to develop tourist circuit of places travelled by Srimanta Sankardev: Assam CM
- Assam reports 269 new COVID-19 cases