Shillong: The Meghalaya government on Monday has decided to continue with closing of entry points every first week of the months from September till November.
Despite the Ministry of home affairs guidelines to allow reopening of inter-state movement, the government in a review meeting has decided to continue with the closure of entry points from midnight of August 31 till midnight September 7 and following the other two months.
During a media briefing, deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong said that this decision was taken in easing out the pressure in the ground faced by the frontline health workers who has to run and man the gates.
“Humanely it is difficult to continue working 24/7 without any break so the government has decided that the decision taken last week to close down entry points every first starting September till November will continue,” said Tynsong.
He added that the notification concerning this regard has been issued and several sections who will be exempted from this order has been mentioned.
Tynsong also added that this is not only to give a break to health workers but to disinfect these entry points that has been setup.
- China locks down Lanzhou as Covid cases surge due to delta variant
- Elderly couple’s murder in Guwahati home: caretaker held
- Iraqi officials: 11 killed in IS attack northeast of Baghdad
- Bengal reports 806 new Covid cases; 248 in Kolkata alone
- Google honours Czech scientist Otto Wichterle with doodle
- Nagaland reports 21 new COVID-19 cases