KOKRAJHAR: To press for their various long-pending demands, including allotment of suitable places in the Kokrajhar main market, small-scale vegetable vendors in large numbers staged demonstration in the market premises here on Monday.
Vendors and small-scale vegetable traders demanded an early solution towards arrangement of a suitable place for them in the market.
Notably, Kokrajhar municipality board constructed a two-storied building for market, but the building is not suitable for the vegetable vendors. The market building was ceremonially inaugurated by governor of Assam Prof Jagdish Mukhi in June.
The traders alleged that the newly constructed market building is not suitable for the small-scale vegetable traders who come there every day for their tradings.
As per reports, the concerned authority and Kokrajhar municipality board have allotted space for small traders at first and second floor of the building instead of the ground floor.
They alleged that the small-scale vegetable vendors can’t run their business in the first and the second floor of the building as they have to carry their vegetables everyday from the ground floor.
- Meghalaya: Khasi, Garo languages made compulsory in state judicial exam
- Manipur: Walkathon held as part of Har Ghar Tiranga in Churachandpur
- Sports18 to broadcast Indian Oil Durand Cup
- In Pics: Police, students take part in Tiranga rally in Kohima
- Manipur: Norwegian national held for living illegally in Moreh
- Mizoram and Assam to hold CM-level talks on border dispute