Imphal: At least 114 fresh cases of COVID-19 were registered in Manipur on Sunday, of which 60 are from the general population without any prior travel history to other states.
In all, while 67 new cases are from the general population, 47 are from the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), taking the total number of security forces personnel infected with the virus to 1,381.
The overall number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state has now reached 5,246, as per latest data issued by COVID-19 Common Control Room.
In the last 24 hours, locally transmitted cases without travel history were reported from Imphal West (33), Imphal East (13), Thoubal (6), Bishnupur (5), Kakching (1), Noney (1) and Ukhrul (1), said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Seven other persons from Imphal East (4), Imphal West (2) and Chandel (1) are returnees from other states and all of them have been shifted to COVID-19 Care Centres, it said.
Moreover, another 161 patients were discharged after recovering from the disease. They were tested COVID-19 free on RT PCR test in the last 24 hours.
As on August 23, the recovery rate for coronavirus infection in Manipur is 68.92 per cent and total recovered patients till date is 3,616.
A total of 1,608 infected persons are undergoing treatment at various hospitals and COVID-19 Care Centres.
- Oppn demands law on MSP, debate on snooping row, price rise in Parliament
- Netherlands, Australia find omicron variant as curbs spread
- Nagaland pushes for off-road tourism; generate Rs 100 Cr revenue
- Bengaluru police deny permission to Munawar Faruqui’s stand-up show
- Tripura sees saffron wave, BJP sweeps civic polls
- Mizoram govt committed to peace along all state borders: Official