Imphal: One more person infected with COVID-19 reportedly succumbed to the coronavirus on Friday evening, the third fatality within 24 hours. With this, the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 in Manipur rose to 21.
Earlier, two persons, both male aged 67 and 73 years from Imphal West district, reportedly died due to COVID-19 and other health issues in the state.
As per government sources, the latest victim was a jawan of 1st Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB) from Churachandpur district. The security person who tested positive was undergoing treatment at UNACCO COVID-19 Care Centre in Imphal. He reportedly died around 5 pm on Friday.
Meanwhile, on Friday, 124 fresh cases, including 26 personnel from Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), were diagnosed with COVID-19 in the state.
Out of the 98 from the general population, there was only one returnee belonging to Kakching district and the remaining 97 are locals with no travel history to other states.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion