The Central Burea of Investigation (CBI) officials who reached Mumbai to investigate the high profile Sushanth Singh Rajput death case on Thursday evening will not be quarantined.
The BMC faced much criticism for putting a Bihar Police IPS officer in quarantine when he landed in Mumbai to probe the actor’s death.
According to reports, CBI got in touch with Mumbai Police for detail’s about Rajput’s death, including all evidence like the postmortem report. Mumbai police says it was a case of suicide.
The 34-year-old actor died by suicide at his Bandra apartment on June 14.
Sushant’s father KK Singh accused his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty and her family members of abetment of suicide, money laundering and blackmail and filed a FIR against them in Patna which has been upheld by the Supreme Court.
The Bihar police had started investigating the case and the state government called in the CBI. The Supreme Court in a much lauded judgement, upheld Bihar government’s move and said the case will be investigated by CBI.
Prior to looking into the suicide abetment angle, the agency will have to rule out the possibility of murder. For this, there needs to be crime spot examination, forensic examination etc.
- A judge must speak through his judgment: Rijiju on EC case in SC
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 26
- Legendary hero Lachit Barphukan has got his due: Historian Vikram Sampath
- Mumbai terror attacks: Nation remembers with gratitude all those we lost, says Prez Murmu
- Vote NPF for development of Nagaland: Party leader Thenucho Tunyi
- Hardcore: Elon Musk’s management style case study in what not to do