Guwahati: With Ronald Koeman as Barcelona’s new manager now, he has the chance to speculate about the big transfer targets he wants the Spanish professional football club to bring in this summer.
According to reports, there are three main players that Barcelona’s newest manager is targeting, with Lautaro Martinez topping the list. But he believes that unless Barcelona can make Luis Suarez four years younger, there’s not a great chance a Lautaro deal gets done without significant money on the table.
The other two players in Koeman’s target are Manchester City’s Eric Garcia and Ajax’s Van de Beek.
The Barcelona manager is also ready to have a meeting with Lionel Messi to discuss his plan for the future of the club and also convince the Argentine legend to stay.
During his press conference where he was presented as the club’s newest manager, Koeman made it a point to stress that he planned to talk with Messi as he considered him an important part of his plan going forward.
“I don’t know if I have to convince Messi to stay or not,” he said at his presentation. “He still has a year on his deal. He’s the best player in the world and you always want him on your team, not the opposition.”
If reports are to be believed, Messi will be taking a break from his vacation to meet with Koeman in Barcelona before the weekend.
It will be interesting to see f Koeman’s hiring increases any more flexibility in the transfer budget of Barcelona this summer, as Barcelona don’t have a plethora of cash lying around.
- ‘Pathaan’ raises Rs 667 crore gross worldwide box office earnings in eight days
- BJP using money from LIC, nationalised banks to benefit some leaders: Mamata
- Assam: 4 years on, little hope for this Cachar road lost to erosion
- Meghalaya 2023: BJP fields ex-militant Bernard Marak against CM
- G-20 summit a golden opportunity to highlight Assam’s culture: Sonowal
- Why publishers are banning listing of ChatGPT as academic author