Imphal: In the last 24 hours, two more persons who tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur reportedly died due to the novel coronavirus. The pandemic, so far, has claimed a total of 20 lives in the state; the first death being registered on July 29.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, two male patients, aged 67 and 73 years from Imphal West district, succumbed to the coronavirus. The deceased were also suffering from other health issues, he added.
Meanwhile, another 124 cases, including 26 personnel from the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), were found positive for COVID-19 in the state.
Out of the 98 from the general population, who were diagnosed with the virus, there was only one returnee belonging to Kakching district and the remaining are locals with no travel history to other states.
They are from Imphal West (50), Imphal East (26), Chandel (8), Bishnupur (5), Thoubal (5), Churachandpur (1) and Tamenglong (1). All of them have been shifted to COVID-19 Care Centers for further observation.
With the latest cases, the total number of confirmed cases has now soared to 5,049, of which 3,737 are from the general population and 1,312 are security personnel.
Also, there are around 1,768 infected persons are active and are receiving treatment for COVID-19.
Meanwhile, recovery rate for COVID-19 has also improved with 64.58% and another 259 persons recovered on Friday. This is the single highest number of recovered cases in a day till date.
The total number of recovered cases is now 3,261.
- Oppn demands law on MSP, debate on snooping row, price rise in Parliament
- Netherlands, Australia find omicron variant as curbs spread
- Nagaland pushes for off-road tourism; generate Rs 100 Cr revenue
- Bengaluru police deny permission to Munawar Faruqui’s stand-up show
- Tripura sees saffron wave, BJP sweeps civic polls
- Mizoram govt committed to peace along all state borders: Official