Kohima: Three town councils in Nagaland have been awarded among the best in the recently declared Swachh Survekshan Awards 2020 by Union minister for Housing & Urban Affairs, civil aviation, Hardeep Singh Puri during a virtual event on Thursday.
All three awards were given under the Northeast Zone category. Mokokchung, Pfutsero and Chumoukedima were awarded under the different categories.
Mokokchung was awarded as the ‘Cleanest city’ in the North-East Zone cleanest city under 25,000-50,000 population category.
The town council of Pfutsero under Phek district was awarded the ‘Best city in innovation and best practices’ in the North East Zone under less than 25,000 population category.
The town council of Chumoukedima under Dimapur district was awarded as the ‘Best self sustainable city in the Northeast zone below 25,000-50,000 population category.
Swachh Survekshan was launched by Prime minister Narendra Modi in 2016 and it monitors the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched in 2014. The survey was introduced with the objective of generating large-scale participation in Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. It was also aimed at inculcating a spirit of healthy competition among cities towards becoming India’s cleanest cities.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation