Dimapur: The ruling alliance of Nagaland, People’s Democratic Alliance, sat down for a meeting at the State Banquet Hall in Kohima on Thursday, where the coalition government “welcomed the decision of the Honourable Prime Minister, the Honourable Union Home Minister and the Government of India for taking the intiative to resume the Indo-Naga Political dialouge with utmost seriousness”.
The resolutions that were passed after the meeting read:
1. The PDA welcomed the decision of the Honourable Prime Minister, the Honourable Union Home Minister and the Government of India for taking the intiative to resume the Indo-Naga Political dialouge with utmost seriousness in our collective endeavour for a political solution that will pave way for peace, progress and all round development. The PDA reiteterates its support to the peace process in the role as the active facilitator in order to create an atmosphere that is conductive to the realisation and successful landing of the political solution.
2. The PDA appeals to the NPF Legislature party to reconsider the decision to withdraw from the Joint Legislature Forum (JLF) in the greater interest of Naga society, so that we continue to set aside all differences and rise above party afflilations inorder to strive towards the realisation of the people’s desire which is lasting and genuine peace.
3. The PDA is of the firm opinion that the JLF will continue to play its role of facilitating the peace process with committed dedication to fulfill the cry and will of the people. The NDPP, BJP and Independent members will continue to carry out its responsibilities as members of the JLF.
4. The PDA has taken note of the people’s concern on the contents of the Honourable Governor’s Independence Day Speech wherein negative statements on Nagaland were made. The PDA observes that the speech has not been well received by the people. Though Nagaland may not be the best performing state, we are making every effort to take the State forward on all developmental fronts. As representatives of the people, the PDA is compelled to voice out the feelings of the people.
- Arunachal: BJP women celebrate passing of reservation Bill
- Manipur: Temporary prison set up in Churachandpur
- Manipur to continue biometric collection of illegal immigrants
- Betting on The NFL In India – A Guide
- Shoppers Stop ropes in Ushasi Ray for their Durga Pujo campaign
- New school initiative for displaced children launched in Churachandpur