Shillong: After seeing the local residents violating norms like social distancing, hand hygiene and wearing of masks, the district magistrate of East Khasi Hills in Meghalaya on Thursday immediately closed down all shops in Laitumkhrah from Police Point till Mohanson’s Dry Cleaners.
All the shops and business establishments have been ordered to remain closed until further orders.
East Khasi Hills DC Matsiewdor War has now ordered that no person shall be allowed to operate any form of business in the specified areas. No gathering, events or functions will be allowed.
Also Read: Meghalaya: 78 new COVID-19 cases detected; active tally hits 804
However, the order will not apply to health staff and essential workers of Shillong Municipal Board, media, pharmacies, LPG delivery workforce and banks.
Any violation of this order shall entail prosecution under the penal provision of Disaster Management Act, 2005 and IPC, stated the DC.
Earlier, the DC had closed down all shops at Police Bazar areas (from Khyndailad via Gold Cinema up to Umsohsun road junction) and GS Road (from Shani Mandir till Bimola Point).
Also, areas like Motphran (till Bimola Point), Motphran to Jeep stand and MUDA parking lot (upper level) at Garikhana were ordered to close down until further orders.
- Are flu cases already 100 times higher than last year? Here’s what we really know about the 2023 flu season
- Antibiotics shouldn’t be used in Covid unless suspicion of bacterial infection: Centre
- How financial stress can affect your mental health
- Air India to temporarily reduce flights on some US routes: CEO
- Long COVID: what we know about how it affects mental health
- India to host 2023 SAFF Championships in Bengaluru