Guwahati: On Wednesday morning, the Supreme Court of India transferred actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s case to Central Bureau for Investogation (CBI). Further, SC said the CBI’s probe into FIR lodged against Rhea Chakraborty is lawful, and ordered Mumbai Police to hand over evidence to the CBI.
The actor was found dead at his Bandra residence on June 14. He ended his life by suicide.
The top court’s decision, two months after Rajput’s death was lauded by all. Here’s how his family and friends reacted to SC’s decision on the micro-blogging site.
Sushant’s sisters Meetu and Shweta Singh hailed the apex court’s decision.
Meetu tweeted, “There we go!! Finally!! #CBIForSSR!! #CBITakesOver .. thanks all SSRians And Supporter.” While, Shweta said, “Congratulations to my extended Family!! So happy… first step towards victory and unbiased investigation. #JusticeforSushantSingRajput #OurfullfaithonCBI.”
Sharing a picture of Lady Justice, Sushant’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande tweeted, “Justice is the truth in action
Truth wins …. #1ststeptossrjustice.”
Sushant’s friend Kriti Sanon also tweeted, “Last 2months have been extremely restless with everything being so blurry. Supreme Court’s order to let the CBI investigate Sushant’s case is a ray of hope that the truth will finally shine.”
Superstar Akshay Kumar also took to the micro blogging site. He wrote, “SC directs CBI to investigate Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. May the truth always prevail .”
- PM’s call for mass drive on Sunday an insult: Manipur TNL
- Assam: Train equipped with state-of-art features flagged off
- No hope of Left’s revival in Tripura, says leader of Oppn Animesh Debbarma
- How a neurosurgeon is training the next gen of Wushu athletes of Manipur
- Meghalaya: Harijan Colony issue could be solved this year, says deputy CM
- Tripura: National Highway blocked, railway affected during TIPRA bandh