Total COVID-19 cases soar to 2,767,274 in India
The total number of coronavirus cases in India reached 2,767,274 on Wednesday (August 19), as of 8 am, with the death toll standing at 52,889.
According to the latest updates provided by the Union health ministry, there are 676,514 active cases with 52,889 deaths so far in the country. As many as 2,037,870 patients have been cured or discharged and one has migrated.
- NEUFC’s disappointing run continues as side loses to Chennaiyin FC
- The new Indian-origin CEO of Twitter, Parag Agrawal
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in Vienna amid muted hopes
- Sikkim’s Tholung Monastery revives 233-year-old Khamsel tradition after 9 years
- Dravid gives Rs 35K to groundsmen for preparing sporting pitch
- Bodies of COVID-19 victims ‘rotting’ in Bengaluru hospital for over one year