Kohima: With 65 more persons test positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, the number of confirmed cases in Nagaland has crossed the 3,500-mark. The state’s tally now stands at 3,520.
Out of the new cases, 41 are from Kohima, 23 from Dimapur and one is from Mon. Nagaland health minister S Pangnyu Phom informed that the new cases were reported out of 503 samples that were tested.
As cases continue to soar, Dimapur has touched a total of 1796 confirmed cases of which 1153 are currently active cases. Likewise, total confirmed cases in Kohima hit 976 of which 639 are currently active cases. Mon district has reported 264 total cases out of which 72 are current active cases.
Dimapur has the highest number of COVID-19 cases, followed by Kohima. Mon and Peren districts with equal number of total confirmed cases, are the third highest in terms of total confirmed cases. However, the positivity rate in Mon district is comparatively lower to the positivity rate in Peren district.
The current COVID-19 status is:
On Monday, 108 persons have recovered from COVID-19 of which 72 are from Dimapur, 30 are from Kohima, four are from Mon and two are from Phek. With the only two active cases recovering from COVID-19, Phek joins Kiphire and Longleng districts to become the only districts with no active cases of COVID-19.
- Green bonds, SLBs, MDBs in focus at Guwahati G20 meet on sustainable finance
- Rare rocks for Lord Ram idol reach Ayodhya from Nepal
- Confiscate assets of officers operating illegal coke plants: Meghalaya HC
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Now, Sikkim health minister MK Sharma resigns
- ‘Pathaan’ raises Rs 667 crore gross worldwide box office earnings in eight days
- BJP using money from LIC, nationalised banks to benefit some leaders: Mamata