Shillong: Meghalaya on Tuesday recorded 39 new positive COVID-19 cases taking the total active positive cases to 766.
Out of the 39 new cases, 27 new cases has been reported from East Khasi Hills District (11 BSF cases,7 Armed Forces and 9 others). 3 cases from Ri-Bhoi District, 7 from West Garo Hills District, 1 each from East Jaintia Hills and South West Garo Hills.
Out of the 766 total active cases, 446 cases are from East Khasi Hills (BSF – 80, Others – 289, Armed Forces – 77).
From West Khasi Hills there are 3 active positive cases, 1 in South West Khasi Hills, 103 in Ri-Bhoi, 4 in West Jaintia Hills, 6 in East Jaintia Hills, 189 in West Garo Hills, 4 in South West Garo Hills, 2 in South Garo Hills and 8 in North Garo Hills.
The new recovered cases recorded for today was 6 (4 from East Khasi Hills and 2 from West Garo Hills) taking the total recovered cases to 685. The total deaths so far stand at 6.
Director of Health Services, Dr Aman Warr informed that the total number of samples sent for testing till date is 44,234, out of which 42,330 have tested negative and results of 447 samples are awaited.
Meanwhile, random testing is being carried out in Shillong. According to Dr Warr, no cases have been found from Laitumkhrah, Mawpat and Umpling. The results of the rapid antigen test carried out at Khyndailad (Police Bazar) and Mothphran are yet to be confirmed.
From Jhalupara locality 14 new cases were found, 3 new cases from Mawprem and 4 more new cases from Rilbong.
- Omicron: better to be safe (and quick) than sorry
- Maternal uncle sentenced to 25-years in jail for raping niece
- Arunachal: Congress imposes bandh in Siang over failure to restore Highway
- BJP MLA writes to Nadda, demands separation of Darjeeling from Bengal
- Centre to appoint CS with working knowledge of Mizo language: Zoramthanga
- Repeal AFSPA, deliver justice: Kohima residents take to streets