A 5-year-old resident of Chennai has caught everyone’s attention after she attempted a Guinness World Record by shooting 111 arrows in 13 minutes and 15 seconds. All of this while hanging upside down.
Secretary-general of Archery Association of India (AAI), Pramod Chandurkar and president of Delhi Archery Association Virendra Sachdeva were present to witness the 5-year-old’s world record attempt.
Chairman of the judges’ committee of AAI Dr Joris watched Sanjana’s attempt via a live stream. A panel of judges headed by CS Maniam (Continental Judge of World Archery) monitored and recorded the proceedings of her world record attempt.
“Normally in any world competition and national competition, the trained archers shoot six arrows in four minutes which means 30 arrows in 20 minutes,” said Sanjana’s trainer Sihan Hussaini while speaking to ANI.
Hussaini added that they are going to inform the Guinness World Records about Sanjana’s feat. Prem further informed that when Sanjana reaches the age of 10, she would train for the 2032 Olympics and win several gold medals and make her country proud.
- Assam govt to make docu on Patharughat peasant uprising: CM
- New Songs Sunday: Pray It Away, You Only Love Me & more
- NGT refrains from imposing Rs 1,000 crore fine on Assam
- State to file review petition in SC to expunge ‘foreigner’ tag on Sikkimese Nepali
- India records 109 new COVID-19 infections
- Assam: 2 persons killed in road accident; locals torch vehicle