Guwahati: Indian international cricketer Suresh Raina announced his retirement from International cricket, just a few minutes after MS Dhoni’s announcement, on Saturday.
The former Indian southpaw took to Instagram, saying, “It was nothing but lovely playing with you, @mahi7781. With my heart full of pride, I choose to join you in your journey. Thank you India. Jai Hind.”, with a picture of the teammates of the Chennai Super Kings, including MS Dhoni.
Raina took to Instagram earlier in the day wishing everyone a happy Independence Day with a picture of him and Dhoni together in the Indian blue uniform.
Raina, who was a key member of the India’s 2011 World Cup–winning squad, featured in 18 tests and 226 ODIs along with 78 T20Is.
Raina is also a part of the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) team for the upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), and is currently a part of the CSK training and conditioning camp, along with Dhoni and other team members in Chennai.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity