Imphal: One more person, who tested positive for COVID-19 without a travel history outside Manipur, reportedly died on Thursday, taking the total number of deaths due to the coronavirus in the state to 13.
As per sources from the government, the 37-year-old patient from Mayang Imphal in Imphal West district was admitted to Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Hospital on August 2 after complaining of shortness of breath, fever and cough.
Also Read: Manipur: 76 more recover from COVID-19 in 24 hrs, recovery rate 56.02%
The person who died of COVID-19 was a resident of Lamphel Sanakeithel quarter in Imphal, sources said.
At a time of filing this report, no other information whether the deceased was having other illnesses is yet to be ascertained.
However, as per sources, the person died primarily due to the coronavirus.
An official statement from RIMS Hospital is still awaited.
Also Read: WATCH| Manipur locals carry pregnant woman on foot for 54 km to reach PHC
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh