New Delhi: Regular passenger and suburban train services will remain suspended in India beyond August 12, “till further notice”, clarified Indian railways on Tuesday.
Earlier, train services were suspended till August 12 in the wake of novel coronavirus pandemic in the country.
“This is to brought to the notice of all concerned that, as decided and informed earlier on as well, regular passenger and suburban train services will continue to remain suspended till further notice,” the railways said.
However, 230 special trains, which are running at present, will continue to operate, and local trains in Mumbai, which are presently being run on limited basis only on the requisition of state government, will also continue to run, it added.
The occupancy of special trains is being monitored on regular basis. Additional special trains may be run based on the requirement.
However, all other regular trains and suburban trains run before lockdown, will remain suspended for the time being.
- Human activity degraded over a third of remaining Amazon forest: Study
- Assam: AIUDF chief challenges stereotyping of Muslims in state
- Sikkim: Ruling SKM protests SC’s ‘Nepali immigrant’ verdict
- Tripura polls: BJP’s key poll plank will be development, says Assam CM
- Khelo India Youth Games to commence in Madhya Pradesh
- Go Green: Nagaland bride shuns flower waste for organic veggies