Kohima: In two separate operations, the Assam Rifles (AR) apprehended an NSCN-R rebel and a member of the banned militant outfit NSCN K-YA in Dimapur.
An official update from the IGAR(N) on Wednesday said that as part of the ongoing crackdown by the Assam Rifles on insurgent groups operating in Nagaland, the active rebels were apprehended.
On Sunday, one active member of the NSCN (R) was apprehended from general area Chekiye based on specific intelligence regarding presence of a UG cadre in general area of Chekiye inj Dimapur.
The troops of Assam Rifles along with police representatives launched an operation and apprehended self-styled Raja Peyu Kamal Sangma (29) of NSCN (R), who is a resident of Durbagaon in Dimapur.
A .32mm pistol with magazine was recovered from the apprehended person. The accused along with the recovered items were handed over to Diphupar police station for further investigation.
Meanwhile on Monday, the Assam Rifles apprehended an active member of the NSCN (K-YA) from general area Selouphe (RB 1602). The 50-year-old self-styled Leacy Kashito Sema, a resident of Mukalime village under Zunheboto district, was arrested.
A .32mm pistol with magazine and a 12-bore rifle with 13 cartridges were recovered. The apprehended individual along with the recovered items were handed over to Diphupar police station for further investigation.
- ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ gets India release date ahead of US
- NEUFC’s disappointing run continues as side loses to Chennaiyin FC
- The new Indian-origin CEO of Twitter, Parag Agrawal
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in Vienna amid muted hopes
- Sikkim’s Tholung Monastery revives 233-year-old Khamsel tradition after 9 years
- Dravid gives Rs 35K to groundsmen for preparing sporting pitch