Imphal: One more person infected with COVID-19 reportedly succumbed to the coronavirus at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital on Tuesday morning.
As per sources, a 60-year-old man from Nongmeibung in Imphal East who was admitted to JNIMS Hospital’s COVID-19 facility on Monday evening, succumbed to COVID-19 on Tuesday. This is the 12th death case due to the coronavirus in the state.
The patient was also suffering from other health complications, including diabetes, hypertension and heart issue, said sources.
An official statement from JNIMS management is awaited.
Meanwhile, a COVID-19 patient at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Hospital gave birth to a healthy baby girl on Monday.
A 20-year-old pregnant woman from Lilong in Thoubal district was admitted to the RIMS emergency ward on Sunday. Her sample was already tested positive with a rapid antigen testing before admitting at the hospital, sources said.
Both mother and the baby, weighing 3.25 kg, are healthy, reports said.
As on Monday, the total confirmed cases for COVID-19 positive in the state is 3,853, of which 2,977 are from the general population and 876 are security personnel.
As many as 2,122 infected persons have recovered so far and 1,720 are active and receiving treatment.
- Arunachal women conferred with ‘Inspiring Woman Award’
- Nagaland Lottery December 7: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- Mon killing: Nagaland government calls off Hornbill festival
- Nagaland incident: Genocide on pretext of mistaken identity, says NEFIP
- Nagaland: Konyak Union declares 7-day mourning, Mon bandh today
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for Dec 7