S Pangnyu Phom on twitter

Kohima: Hours after Nagaland health minister S Pangnyu Phom tweeted that a total of 231 new cases of COVID-19 were detected on Monday, the minister clarified that the number of new cases is 230 and not as informed.

While regretting the error, the minister clarified that 104 cases were reported from Dimapur and not 105. He also mentioned that the four new cases which was earlier declared to be from Zunheboto, were actually from Peren.

“Error Regretted!

The total +ve cases should read as 230 & total cases in Dimapur as reported earlier in earlier tweet should read as 104 & 4 cases in Zunheboto should read as Peren not as rendered”.

The rectified update made by the COVID-19 dashboard.

Also Read: Nagaland COVID-19 cases cross 3K mark; 231 more test positive

The minister had earlier informed that 105 cases from Dimapur, 104 from Kohima, 18 from Mon and four from Zunheboto were tested as positive. However, with the clarification, it is clear that a total of 230 new cases were detected on Monday out of which 104 each are reported from Dimapur and Kohima, and four are reported from Peren.

With 230 new cases, Monday has recorded the second-highest single-day spike in the state. The total number of COVID-19 cases now stands at 3011.

Earlier on August 5, the minister made a similar error when he updated that 94 new cases of COVID-19 were reported in the state out of which 89 are from Dimapur, and five are from Mon. He had later clarified that the five cases which were said to be detected from Mon were actually from Kohima.

On July 22, the minister had tweeted that 57 new cases of COVID-19 were detected in the state. The health department had later clarified that 54 new cases and not 57 were detected that day.

Although the minister made no subsequent clarification on Twitter following the tweet, the health department told media persons that five samples were repeat positive and were samples of re-tests.

Leave a comment

Leave a comment