The Union ministry of home affairs (MHA) on Sunday clarified that no fresh COVID-19 test has been done on home minister Amit Shah. This comes after BJP leader Manoj Tiwari tweeted that Shah had tested negative for the novel coronavirus.
In a now deleted tweet, Tiwari shared a picture of him with Shah, and wrote, “Home Minister Amit Shah ji’s Covid report showed he is negative.”
Shah had tested positive for the highly contagious virus nearly a week ago on August 2. He was admitted to Medanta Hospital in Gurugram. He is the first member of the Union Cabinet to contract the infection.
Also Read: UEFA Champions League: Bayern Munich to face Barca in quarters as Napoli, Chelsea exit
On August 2, through a tweet, Shah said that he got tested after showing Covid-19 symptoms. “…I got myself tested and the report is positive. My health is fine but on the advice of doctors I am getting admitted to hospital. I request all those who came in contact with me in the past few days to isolate themselves and get tested,” he said.
- Renewed politics over validity of panchayat polls in Darjeeling raises its head
- Jairam writes to CBI chief to probe Amit Shah’s ‘Sangma govt most-corrupt’ remark
- We could’ve won by bigger scoreline: Stimac on India’s 1-0 win over Myanmar
- Over 100 delegates to participate in 2-day Dibrugarh G20 conference
- Border issue very complicated; but neither side want war, confrontation: Chinese envoy
- Himanta writes to Shinde, seeks statement of regret from Maha MLA for ‘stray dog’ comment