The Union ministry of home affairs (MHA) on Sunday clarified that no fresh COVID-19 test has been done on home minister Amit Shah. This comes after BJP leader Manoj Tiwari tweeted that Shah had tested negative for the novel coronavirus.
In a now deleted tweet, Tiwari shared a picture of him with Shah, and wrote, “Home Minister Amit Shah ji’s Covid report showed he is negative.”
Shah had tested positive for the highly contagious virus nearly a week ago on August 2. He was admitted to Medanta Hospital in Gurugram. He is the first member of the Union Cabinet to contract the infection.
On August 2, through a tweet, Shah said that he got tested after showing Covid-19 symptoms. “…I got myself tested and the report is positive. My health is fine but on the advice of doctors I am getting admitted to hospital. I request all those who came in contact with me in the past few days to isolate themselves and get tested,” he said.
- Japan widens virus restrictions as omicron surges in cities
- Sputnik V vaccine shows higher Omicron-specific antibodies than Pfizer: Study
- 6 Bengal cities saw alarming rise in air pollution in Dec 2021: Study
- Iran, Russia and China begin the joint naval drill
- Bengal forest dept to release 2nd batch of endangered turtles with GPS tags
- Chevron, Total exit Myanmar over deteriorating conditions