Imphal: In yet another political development in Manipur, chief minister N Biren Singh, who is also the leader of the House, will be moving the trust motion in the 11th session of the Manipur Legislative Assembly scheduled to be held on August 10.
This latest development comes after the Manipur Legislative Assembly secretary M Ramani Devi rejected the notice of no-confidence motion moved by Opposition Congress party against the BJP-led government.
“Instead of accepting the no-confidence motion moved by the Congress, the Manipur Legislative Assembly has accepted for Motion of confidence by BJP Manipur government, which is to be moved by Leader of the House on 10th August, 2020,” said Congress spokesperson Ningombam Bupenda Meitei.
The Opposition Congress is confident to defeat the motion. The Congress has already issued 3 lines whip to all its 24 MLAs in the House. “We will defeat the trust vote moved by the Treasury Bench. We will convert the people’s true mandate of 2017 into reality,” he added.
Last month, Congress MLA and spokesman Keisham Meghachandra and MLA Lokeshwar Thokchom submitted the notice of no-confidence motion against the BJP-led government to the Speaker Yumnam Khemchand in the Assembly.
Earlier, a three-line whip has been issued to party MLAs to be present in the House during discussion and voting on August 10 and if anyone of the Congress Legislative Party members violates the party whip would invite disqualification under the anti-defection law.
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago