Imphal: At least five medical professionals, including four doctors and one nurse, were infected with COVID-19 in Manipur’s Bishnupur district on Saturday.
According to the chief medical officer of Bishnupur, Dr L Gojendra Singh, four doctors and one nurse who tested positive for the coronavirus are staff of the primary health center (PHC) at Leimapokpam.
As a precautionary measure, Leimapokpam PHC has been temporarily closed until further notice, the official said.
All those patients who visited the health centre between August 2 and 7 have been instructed to send their details, including name, age, address and contact number to mobile number 8794873973 and 9436033708 through WhatsApp or SMS.
Meanwhile, strict home quarantine for those who had visited the health centre for six days has been instructed by the CMO.
On Friday, six more fresh cases for COVID-19 positive were reported in Bishnupur, taking the total active cases in the district to 17.
The total number of confirmed positive cases in Manipur now stands at 3,466, of which 1,530 are active and 1,926 have recovered so far.
- Japan’s military, among world’s strongest, looks to build
- Nagaland killings: RRAG calls for immediate arrest of accused personnel
- Tribal body revises death toll in Nagaland firing to 14
- Hornbill Festival stopped for a day as Nagaland mourns civilian killings
- Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021: President, PM pay tribute to Dr BR Ambedkar
- MNF MLA among 92 new COVID-19 patients in Mizoram, 2 more deaths