New Delhi: The death toll in the Air India Express flight crash at Kozhikode Airport rose to 18 on Saturday with one more passenger succumbing to injuries.
As many as 172 people have been hospitalised, with some reports saying that 16 of them are critical. Union civil aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri said the accident appears to have been caused by a slippery runway as the pilot attempted to land on the table top runway amid heavy rains.
Check out exclusive photos of the wreckage a day later on Saturday morning.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal