Imphal: One more person succumbed to COVID-19 in Manipur on Friday night, taking the total number of fatalities to 11.
As per sources from the government, a 68-year-old man from Khongman of Imphal East district was declared dead at around 11 pm at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital. He was undergoing treatment at JNIMS COVID-19 Care ward. He had diabetes and hypertension patient.
The third coronavirus related death on Friday, earlier two males aged 76 years and 28 years-old from Kangpokpi and Chandel districts were declared dead due to COVID-19. They had co-morbid health conditions. An official statement from JNIMS is awaited.
On Friday, at least 84 persons are from the general population, and 165 personnel from the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) tested positive for COVID-19. But what more alarming is the report of locally transmitted cases which has soared to 20 per cent in the state.
Now, the total confirmed positive cases stood at 3,466, in which 1,530 are active cases, and 1,926 infected persons have recovered so far.
- Watch: 3 youths go missing in Assam’s Tinsukia, suspected of joining ULFA (I)
- Webcasting arrangements in place for Assam by-election: EC official
- Manipur: Dengue outbreak, but no need for panic say health officials
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians
- Assam by-polls: Thowra heading for a BJP win, Raijor Dal might finish second