New Delhi: Bihar Police’s special investigation team (SIT) which went to Mumbai to probe Sushant Singh Rajput’s death had verified huge withdrawal of money from the deceased actor’s bank account.
Despite obstruction and non-cooperation from Mumbai police, the team found that in accordance with Rajput’s father KK Singh’s FIR against Rhea Chakraborty, huge sum of money was siphoned off from the late actor’s bank account.
This comes after the case had gone to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).rajr
The SIT verified the details of Rajput’s Kotak Mahindra bank account, the details of which have been mentioned in the FIR regarding siphoning of money by his father.
Bihar police said Rajput’s father had alleged that there was Rs 17 crore in Sushant’s Kotak Bank account a year ago. However, Rs 15 crore was transferred to accounts of people not connected with him.
On forcible quarantine of IPS office Vinay Tiwary, SSP Upendra Sharma said, it is a result of an afterthought on part of Mumbai police aimed at obstructing the investigation by Patna police. It is clear from the fact that when the four members of the SIT went to Mumbai, they were not quarantined. However, when Tiwary reached Mumbai, he was forcibly quarantined by BMC.
Rajput died by suicide in his Bandra residence on June 14. There was no death note found by the police. Following his death, a there was huge outcry on nepotism and mental health on social media. Several big names from Bollywood were quizzed by Mumbai Police.
- Assam: 50 students fall ill after taking iron folic acid tablets
- G20 presidency will also be celebrated in Manipur: EAM Jaishankar
- India-Bhutan must harness space technology and its applications: EAM
- Private sector satellites to boost IoT, ham radio use, earth observation
- ‘Fighting’ a brother: Why is Naga wrestling so special and important?
- Constitution guiding light in sustaining democracy: Assam Governor