On August 2, IPS officer Vinay Tiwari went to Mumbai to investigate Sushant Singh Rajput’s death Credit: Twitter image

New Delhi: Bihar-cadre IPS officer Vinay Tiwari has now been exempted from the mandatory 14-day quarantine by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in Mumbai. Tiwari to will now return to Patna before August 8.

The decision came after a letter from the Bihar police asked the BMC to facilitate Tiwari’s return to Patna so that he may resume his duty. The letter from the Bihar police, on the other hand, came in the backdrop of the Nitish Kumar-led government giving its consent to transfer the death case of actor Sushant Sigh Rajput to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) earlier this week.

Also Read: Sushant Singh death case: CBI files FIR against Rhea Chakraborty, family members

On August 2, Tiwari came to Mumbai to investigate Rajput’s death. Upon reaching Mumbai, he was asked by the civic body authorities to remain under a mandatory 14-day quarantine. This was as per the state government’s rule for domestic air travellers.

The letter by BMC stated, “It is surprising and unfortunate to note that a visiting senior officer before proceeding to Mumbai has not acquainted himself with the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) quarantine guidelines issued by the Maharashtra government to arrest the spread of the pandemic in the state. It may be noted that the guidelines are available in the public domain.”

Also Read: Premier League to revert to 3 substitutes, video assistant referee to stay

The letter further stated that considering it was only the fifth day of his arrival and since the request to exempt from home isolation to go back to Patna has come from Patna Police, and considering the provision in the SOP (standard operating procedure) to exempt passengers on a short duration visit, it was decided to exempt Tiwari from home quarantine subject to fulfilling the following conditions.

“He shall leave Maharashtra before the seventh day of the start of quarantine (before August 8),” the letter added. He was quarantined at the SRDF camp in Goregaon, where he had put up after he came to Mumbai.

Also Read: Twitter hack accused’s online hearing hacked; interrupted by rap music, porn

Meanwhile, on Thursday, four other personnel from the Bihar Police who were in Mumbai since July 27 for the investigation into the actor’s sudden death, also flew back to Patna. Additionally, Tiwari has been advised to use precautionary measures while travelling to the domestic airport in Mumbai.

Trending Stories

Latest Stories

Leave a comment

Leave a comment Cancel reply