Guwahati: Proving the fact that when it comes to fitness there is no age bar, Milind Soman’s 81-year-old mother Usha was recently seen doing single-leg forward hops with her daughter-in-law Ankita Konwar.
The family is determined not to give up on their exercise regime despite the lockdown. Usha was recently also seen working out in sarees, from push-ups to planks to skipping.
On Saturday, Ankita Konwar took to Instagram to share the video of her and Usha doing single-leg forward hops.
One dressed in traditional saree and the other in regular work-out attire, both hopped their way in their terrace. Ankita wrote in her Instagram post, “MIL and I If I do get to see my 80th birthday, I just hope and pray to be this fit.”
A common exercise and also a form of play for children, single-leg hop is a variation of jump squat. This helps in the strengthening of the leg muscles as it works on the calves, the glutes, hip flexors, hamstrings, and quadriceps. To do this exercise one must stand with the feet shoulder-width apart. One must then lift one leg off the floor and point the toe behind. Then bend the knee of the other leg and then slightly push through the floor allowing the body to hop.
Usha is no stranger to high-intensity workouts as she usually participates with her son in various forms of strenuous exercises. In the past, the actor has often shared videos of his mother running with him in many of his marathons.
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle
- Biden to host Indo-Pacific leaders as China concerns grow
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 24
- Congress issues show-cause notice to 212 workers in Assam
- Arunachal police arrest TV actor for running pornography website