Mumbai: Television actor Sameer Sharma was found dead in his Mumbai residence late on Wednesday night. According to Malad police officials, the actor died by suicide, said reports.
Sharma, 44, was found by his security guard, who then alerted the society members.
The actor was seen in Balaji Telefilms’ hit shows ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’, ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki’. He also worked in other TV shows ‘Dil Kya Chahta Hai’, ‘Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi’ and ‘Left Right Left’. Most recently, he was working in Star Plus’ ‘Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke’.
Sameer’s body has been sent for autopsy. A case of accidental death has been registered, said the police.
So far, no evidence suggests that he may have been killed. Further, no suicide note has been found. Police are still investigating the case, an officer said. The body has been sent for autopsy.
- Manipur: Dengue outbreak, but no need for panic say health officials
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians
- Assam by-polls: Thowra heading for a BJP win, Raijor Dal might finish second
- Covid surge in West Bengal: 24 containment zones created
- Nagaland: Hope and apprehension as primary schools reopen slowly