Agartala:As COVID-19 positive cases soar in state, two family members of Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb tested positive on Monday.
The chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb informed that two of his family members have tested COVID-19 positive, while reports of other family members came negative.
The chief ministers COVID-19 test result is awaited.
Deb’s family comprises of his mother Mina Deb, wife Niti Deb and two children– Aryan Deb and Shreya Deb.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb,”Two of my family members found COVID19 POSITIVE.Other family members found NEGATIVE
I have undergone COVID19 test, result is yet to come
I am following self isolation at my residence & all precautionary measures have been taken
Praying for the speedy recovery of family members,” Deb wrote
So far, two MLAs — one each from the ruling BJP, Ramapada Jamatia, and IPFT, Dhananjoy Tripura, — have tested positive for COVID-19.
Meanwhile, a total of 1,82,162 samples have collected, out of which 1,81,317 were tested and 5,523 persons have tested positive for the virus, with 28 deaths and 1,848 active and 3,675 recovered cases so far.
The positivity rate stands at 2.97 per cent, test per million at 45,356 while the recovery rate stands at 68.38 percent and mortality rate at 0.52 per cent.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel