Agartala: Dhiman Chakma from Kanchanpur sub-division of North Tripura district has secured 722nd rank in the Civil Services Exam (CSE), 2019, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), results of which were declared on Tuesday. Altogether 829 candidates were selected by the UPSC for various civil services this time.
Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb has congratulated Chakma for his success in the UPSC exams and took to his twitter and wrote, “Heartiest congratulations to Shri Dhiman Chakma of Tripura who successfully cracked UPSC main examination.
“As per the main exam results announced by UPSC, he secured All India Rank 722. Wishing him all success for his future endeavours,” he wrote.
The social welfare and social education minister Santana Chakma has also congratulated the successful candidate.
“A proud moment for Tripura, one more candidate has cracked UPSC main Exam 2019,” the minister said.
“Secured the all India rank 722 as per Civil Service Examination (Main), 2019 results. Congratulations to Mr. #DhimanChakma,” she wrote.
Altogether 304 out of the 829 qualified are from the general category, 78 from EWS, 251 from OBC, 129 from SC, and 67 are from ST category. Additionally, the results of 11 candidates have been withheld. UPSC has also maintained a consolidated Reserve List of 182 candidates.
Meanwhile, the CSE 2020 which was scheduled to be held on May 31 has been rescheduled to October 4 given the novel coronavirus pandemic.
- Every rupee in my foundation awaiting its turn to save a life: Sonu Sood
- Assam’s star athlete Amlan Borgohain’s targets CWG, Asian Games next
- NNPGs ‘disturbed’ after Indian intel claims arms procured from Myanmar
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 20
- Tripura sounds African swine flu alert; Kanchanpur farm is epicenter
- Associated Press interview: UN chief warns China, US to avoid Cold War