Shillong: With residents of various localities in Shillong that have been declared as containment zones facing difficulties, the Meghalaya government has now decided to come up with ‘micro-containment zones’.
During a media briefing on Monday, deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong said that the decision was followed after a presentation of the containment zones was given by the health department.
“While declaring containment zones, we saw that they have impacted the residents of those localities. Therefore, in the last meeting, we decided that from now onwards, containment zones should be on the basis of micro-containment areas and should not be for the entire block or locality. Henceforth, micro-containment zones will be declared as the case arises,” said Tynsong.
Earlier, several localities in Shillong were declared as containment zones after a sudden surge of COVID-19 cases. Several residents were restricted to come out of their houses and had to stay indoors till the district administration removed the restriction.
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18