Shillong: With residents of various localities in Shillong that have been declared as containment zones facing difficulties, the Meghalaya government has now decided to come up with ‘micro-containment zones’.
During a media briefing on Monday, deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong said that the decision was followed after a presentation of the containment zones was given by the health department.
“While declaring containment zones, we saw that they have impacted the residents of those localities. Therefore, in the last meeting, we decided that from now onwards, containment zones should be on the basis of micro-containment areas and should not be for the entire block or locality. Henceforth, micro-containment zones will be declared as the case arises,” said Tynsong.
Earlier, several localities in Shillong were declared as containment zones after a sudden surge of COVID-19 cases. Several residents were restricted to come out of their houses and had to stay indoors till the district administration removed the restriction.
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes