Shillong: Meghalaya government on Monday informed that the government is consulting with the management of NEIGRIHMS hospital to set up a plasma bank in the state.
Informing the media, deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong said, “As far as setting up of a plasma bank goes, the government is actively examining and also consulting with the authorities of NEIGRIHMS hospital. Once this process is completed, we will take a final call.”
So far, there are 264 recovered cases in Meghalaya.
Meanwhile, 28 new cases were recorded on Monday, taking the total active cases to 633. Of the 28 cases reported, 21 are from East Khasi Hills district, five from Ri-Bhoi and two from East Jaintia Hills.
A total of 38,596 samples have been sent for testing, out of which 37,004 have tested negative and results of 690 are awaited.
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises
- Meghalaya yet to decide on oil palm cultivation: Forest minister
- Shenzhou-12 astronauts back on Earth after China’s longest space mission
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 17
- Need to increase mineral exploration in eastern states, says Centre