New Delhi: A 29-year-old woman allegedly rammed her BMW car into a roadside ice-cream stall in southeast Delhi’s East of Kailash area on Saturday night. The accident left four people injured, said reports.
The incident reportedly happened around 10 pm and was captured on CCTV camera across the street. The woman, who tried to flee the spot was later arrested by the police. She was identified as Roshni Arora, a fashion designer. She runs a boutique at Prakash Mohalla, East of Kailash, the reports added.
The woman was allegedly having ice-cream on her car last night when her dog jumped on her. This led to her accidentally pressing the accelerator and the car leaped forward and hit the ice cream vendor. The car even dragged the people who were standing near the stall for a short distance. The car was even flung a few metres ahead due to the impact. The four injured are now in hospital, as per reports.
The injured persons have been identified as Mukesh Kumar, who sustained an injury in his leg; Sapna Kumari, who sustained abrasion over her right knee; Harshit Kumar, who sustained a wound at his left ankle; and Guddu, the ice cream vendor, who sustained abrasion over his right knee.
The car was seized during the investigation and Arora was arrested. Her medical examination results showed no traces of alcohol in her system. She was later released on bail.
- Iraqi officials: 11 killed in IS attack northeast of Baghdad
- Bengal reports 806 new Covid cases; 248 in Kolkata alone
- Google honours Czech scientist Otto Wichterle with doodle
- Nagaland reports 21 new COVID-19 cases
- TMC leader Abhishek Banerjee to hold rally in Tripura on Oct 31
- India among world’s top 10 for climate tech investment: Report