Guwahati: After taking due consideration of the COVID-19 scene in Assam, the state government has now issued fresh directives for Unlock 3.0. The latest order comes after the Union home ministry issued new guidelines on July 29 for opening up of more activities in areas outside containment zones.
The state government’s latest order shall come into force with effect from 7 pm of August 2 [Sunday] and will remain valid till 7 pm of August 14 [Friday].
Activities that are still prohibited/closed:
- Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls, and similar places of public gathering.
- Large congregations and social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, religious functions.
- Movement of individuals from 6 pm to 6 am on any given day.
- Movement of individuals on Saturday and Sunday at any time all over the state.
Also Read: Unlock 3.0 what is allowed and what is not
Activities that are now permitted:
- All the earlier permitted activities (previous orders) shall continue between 7 am and 5 pm, from Monday to Friday, subject to opening of only one side of the street.
- Malls and gymnasiums between Monday and Friday on one side of the street in Kamrup (Metro) and both sides in other districts.
- Restaurants, hotels, and other hospitality services to function adhering to the COVID-19 protocols and social distancing on all days, except Saturday and Sunday.
- Inter-district travel only on Mondays and Tuesdays. No need for separate permissions or approvals or e-permits.
- All Central and state government offices including banks, insurance companies, NBFCs, etc, will operate with 100% attendance, except for pregnant women. Point to point buses will also be operated for the staff.
- Non-contact sports in open space with social distancing.
Also Read: Delhi fashion designer rams BMW car into ice cream stall, injures 4
Additionally, wearing face covers or masks is compulsory in public places, workplaces, and during transport. Violating this norm will attract a fine of Rs 1,000 for the first offence. Also, persons above 65 years of age and children below 10 years are advised to stay indoors, except for unavoidable health reasons.
Meanwhile, on Saturday, 1,457 COVID-19 positive cases were identified in the state with Kamrup (M) at 275 cases, Dibrugarh at 136 cases, and Sonitpur at 116 cases. This takes the total number of active patients to 10,180. Up to 31,442 people have been discharged so far with the death toll at 101.
Also Read: 7 excise officials, 6 cops suspended as 86 die from toxic liquor in Punjab
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh