Kokrajhar: Five days on, the police on Saturday arrested Sukat Murmu alias Sukala, a rape convict who escaped from the isolation ward of Rup Nath Brahma (RNB) Civil Hospital in Assam’s Kokrajhar district on Wednesday.
He was arrested from the Lungsung area of the district on Saturday.
Also Read: Assam Medical College & Hospital principal tests positive for COVID-19 in Dibrugarh
While confirming the development, Kokrajhar SP Rakesh Roushan said that Sukat Murmu, a resident of Shantipara village of Chirang district, was admitted to the RNB Civil Hospital in Kokrajhar after he tested positive for COVID-19 on July 25. He was lodged in the Kokrajhar District Jail since May 15 this year.
Also Read: Dimapur: DC issues new lockdown guidelines from August 3
“In the intervening night of July 28 and 29, he fled from the jail by breaking the window of the verandah. After that, all were on alert, and efforts were maximised to nab him. Accordingly, he was apprehended at the Lungsung area of Kokrajhar district on Saturday,” Roushan added .
The police and medical teams brought him to Kokrajhar by following strict measures. He said that the police administration has deployed a strict security vigil along the hospital complexes where isolation wards have been set up in the district.
Also Read: New York Times Square to be lit with 3D images of Lord Ram, Ayodhya Temple on August 5
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh