Guwahati: Senior Assam Congress leader and Samaguri MLA Rakibul Hussain said that he has tested positive for novel coronavirus on Sunday. He confirmed the news with a post on his Facebook account.
Hussain was seen at several public meetings in the past week. He was tested for COVID-19 when a team of health officials took their swabs. Reportedly, his wife and niece have also been found COVID-19 positive.
Taking to Facebook the minister wrote, “I have tested positive for COVID-19 just a few minutes back. Request everyone who came into contact with me in the last four days to get themselves tested.”
The MLA urged people who came into contact with him to get themselves checked as well.
Meanwhile, former health minister of Assam and Lahorighat MLA Nazrul Islam of the Congress also tested positive for COVID-19.
All this comes at a time when Union home minister Amit Shah, Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit and several other leaders also tested positive for novel coronavirus.
On Sunday, Uttar Pradesh cabinet minister Kamala Rani Varun succumbed to the novel coronavirus. On a brighter note, veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan was released from the hospital after being tested negative for COVID-19 on Sunday.
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage
- Bloom Bazaar: Nagaland’s fresh initiative to boost floriculture