Guwahati: As Assam prepares to enter Unlock 3, the death of four more people due to COVID-19 has rocked the state again.
While the eldest to die was 62 years, the youngest was aged 50. The deceased have been identified as Mridula Ghosh (54) of Karimganj, Tilak Chandra Das (50) of Kamrup Metro, Santa Sarkar (62) of Tinsukia and Samir Phukan (52) of Jorhat.
State health and family welfare minister Himanta Biswa Sarma took to Twitter to announce the development.
Also Read: Assam: No drinking water, food; slur against AMCH after COVID patient dies
He wrote, “Four more #COVID19 patients have succumbed to their infections today~ Late Mridula Ghosh (54) of Karimganj, Late Tilak Chandra Das (50) of Kamrup Metro, Late Santa Sarkar (62) of Tinsukia and Late Samir Phukan (52) of Jorhat. Condolences to their families. Prayers.”
Meanwhile, on Saturday, 1,457 COVID-19 positive cases were identified in the state with Kamrup (M) at 275 cases, Dibrugarh at 136 cases, and Sonitpur at 116 cases. This takes the total number of active patients to 10,180. Up to 31,442 people have been discharged so far with the death toll at 105.
Also Read: Delhi fashion designer rams BMW car into ice cream stall, injures 4
Additionally, senior Assam Congress leader and Samaguri MLA Rakibul Hussain and his wife and niece also reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday. Also former health minister of Assam and Lahorighat MLA Nazrul Islam of the Congress also tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Also Read: Assam Cong leader & MLA Rakibul Hussain tests positive for COVID-19
- Active Covid cases dip to 2,687
- Assam: Class 11 student killed after being hit by school bus in Guwahati
- Punjabi Lane residents agreed in principle to relocation: Meghalaya govt to HC
- Apple Vision Pro headset: what does it do and will it deliver?
- Cyclone Biparjoy rapidly intensifies into very severe cyclonic storm
- Construction of Eklavya Model Residential Schools to start soon: Meghalaya Education Min